About the Embassy
The Embassy of Uganda in Burundi was officially opened in August 2009. The initial Chancery was the Whitestone Building in Bujumbura.
Since then relations between Uganda and Burundi have acquired a new dynamism and the mission core responsibilities then are to ensure that these relations
are upheld and strengthened in addition to protecting and promoting Uganda's national interests and positions in Burundi, all in the framework of the East African Community.
- In the year 2012, the Government of the Republic of Burundi graciously offered the Embassy of Uganda a piece of land for the construction of the Chancery.
- The land is identified as Plot 8467/C and located in Kiyange - Buterere.
- 03 buildings on approximately 3.25 acres.
- 1,865 Square-meters main chancery building.
- Construction planning since 2015.
- In October 2017, construction of the Chancery commenced.
- Construction completed December 2020.
- January 2021 the Chancery relocated
- Official opening occured on 21st March 2022
- Home to 50% Burundian staff.
- Use of green sustainable energy
- Use of technology and smart-building ideas
- Common cafeteria
Quartier Mirroir - Kiyange
B.P.5155 Mutanga, Bujumbura-Burundi
Telephone: +257 61 156 156 or +257 61 157 157